Wednesday 16 July 2008


I thought I would start today's blog with news of Muay Thai champion Christi Campbell. Christi is just in the procces of doing two weeks work experience at Saints gym, as you can see from the picture Sid is making sure Christi keeps up her physical training regime whilst learning about the ins and outs of running a gym.

I promised I would update you on local Parkour trainer Rob Green. He is now running Parkour sessions at Mount Tamar school on Friday evenngs from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Each session costs £3 and there is a joining fee of just £10. If you are interested in having a go just e-mail Rob - smoothments@hotmail.co.uk. I have just booked another private Parkour session with Rob for myself, my instructors and some of my students. The session will take place on Friday 1st August at 4.45pm, I can't wait. I will also let you know when Rob's website is up and running.

The Full Monty training is going extremely well and Rosanna & Sue are working hard to ensure that the guys from Raffles know their routine, as you can see from the picture below, the guys are well on their way to learning the full routine, more news to follow on their pending dress rehearsal. Hopefully this event will raise a lot of money for St Lukes.

A warning to the Wednesday night students that it is me teaching the classes tonight so expect pain, bruising and general exhaustion.

Congratulations to the lovely Amytree who has just got a new job, this is great news for her and I am sure is well deserved.

At long last work is about to start on my second Plymouth studio - Yippeee, The work starts this Sunday which means that I will spend most of Friday and most of next week running to and from the tip - very glamorous! Hopefully the studio will be up and running by the end of August at the latest and I can then start work on the front of the building, these are exciting (but very expensive) times for both me and my husband but hopefully they will be fruitful. if not expect to see me having a nervous breakdown mid September!

Off now to do some banking and then to await the arrival of my new computer, my old one has finally died, so more money to spend out but hopefully a chance to organise all my files and get back to computer normality! I will leave you with a photo of a beautiful Triumph Stag owned by Vernon Jones on display at the recent Herald Motorshow.

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

3 comments:

MrsG said...

Aww, thanks! :-) xx

Anonymous said...

Ooo a new studio, where is it going to be? Good luck with all the hard graft.
Carly x

sam@theartofdance.co.uk said...

The new studio is at the back of where we are at the moment, we will be doing, street dance, Burlesque, yoga and more! Sam x