Sunday 12 April 2009

Bank holiday weekend


The key to a good bank holiday weekend is getting the time to completely relax and I can definitely say that I have found that time. Before the bank holiday weekend started I joined Rosanna and Tamar for an intense training session where we worked on moves such as the dart, I also found a new move which I cant find a name for but will photograph and post when I have a chance. The session took its toll on my muscles as I started to realise I had probably overtrained during the week.

On Friday my mum and I went out for a spot of retail therapy involving buying new shoes for the pending art of dance birthday ball in June. We then ventured off to the Barbican Kitchen for a pre-theatre super which was a bargain at 2 courses for £9.95. I opted for the goats cheese salad to start and the plaice and crushed lemon butter potatoes for my main, the food was gorgeous and it was a pleasure to spend some quality time with my Mum despite the recent loss of her close friend Jane.

On Saturday it was time for Sid and I too enjoy a day off together, the day started with a beautiful cooked breakfast followed by some time with my birds who enjoyed a feeding frenzy followed by a warm shower. We left the house and ventured out to find some equipment for Sid's proposed attachment to the BBQ - a rotisserie! Whilst perusing various shops for Sid's new machinery we popped into Leigh's farm shop at Roborough where we bought some divine looking duck eggs and fresh granary bread, Sid sampled some of the Leigh's farm burgers which he mentioned were really tasty, Leigh's farm have a great new meat counter (see picture right) and are slowly increasing the amount of different items they have on sale.

After the farm shop visit it was back into the city centre to the Pannier Market, it is some time since I was last there and I couldn't believe the transformation. There were many fresh food outlets including a new Italian pasta stall and a fab new 'Taste of the westcountry' stall where Sid bought some Orchard Pig Apple juice. Another great find, and one which I will be passing on to the lovely Amytree, is the new retro clothing stall, the stall has everything from beautiful silk full length ladies gloves to velvet jackets and sexy black leather heels. I purchased a gorgeous white cotton gypsy style blouse and vowed to return very soon for more goods. The market shopping experience was completed with a visit to Vincent's farm shop stall where we stocked up on sweet potatoes, cabbage, leeks, potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli.

After all the shopping it felt like time for an afternoon beer and what better place to stop than Chandlers for a selection of olives, warm bread and a pint of Tribute in the sun (see picture at top of blog)! We even had some celebrity company on the adjacent table although I was more distracted by the spaniel puppy on the next table!

It was a fabulous day and was rounded off perfectly with an Easter Doctor Who special and the first in the series of Britain's got talent. So I still have all of Sunday and Monday to completely revitalise myself before my return to work on Tuesday. My muscles are starting to ease today after their beasting this week, I now know how some of my students feel after they have had lessons with me!

Anyway I hope you have fabulous weekend,

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

No comments: