Friday 29 February 2008

Message to Plymouth City Council.


Thanks to the students at Lux Park for this picture of their weekly pole dancing practice on Wednesday evening. I have mentioned in the past how supportive Caradon District Council have been and just wish I could get the same support from Plymouth City Council. I notice that the local council in Hastings have made moves to put more money into ensuring the fitness of their citizens and have accepted pole dancing as one good way to keep fit. Thanks to amytree for this video of the councils move to support fitness pole dancing.

Still on the subject of Councils, I received an e-mail today regarding my recent lesson for the Caradon Youth group, I am pleased to report that the girls said my session was the best activity they had done so far, I am so pleased they enjoyed it and am looking forward to my return to Lux to teach them again. Perhaps the education authority within Plymouth can consider a similar move.

Some dance news now courtesy of Last friday, The Barican Theatre is holding a dance workshop to celebrate International Women's day for more info contact Abi on 07950 353832, The workshop is free and women of all ages and abilities are invited to take part.

Just a quick reminder about this weeks Women's health fair at the Guildhall, several instructors from the art of dance will be on site performing and giving free taster sessions throughout the day click here for more info.

Well I am off to teach again now having already done about 11 hours worth of teaching so far this week and still have two more hours to teach before I venture off to Annabel's for our student social tonight. I think I will sleep well tonight.

Lastly if any of you want to catch up on news from some of my instructors then try Jo's , Rosanna's or Nixi's blogs to see what they have been up to recently.

Stay healthy,

Sam x

No comments: