Sunday 20 January 2008

Unhealthy weekend.


The weekend started off in rather healthy fashion with some training on the pole followed by a visit to my grandparents which involved my Nan's legendary fruit salad i.e. fruit salad with a very large measure of cointreau. My Nan is amazing - at the grand old age of 84 she was sat learning how to send pictures from her mobile phone.

Saturday morning was spent with Sue, Rosanna & Rosie (Sue's daughter), we spent two hours on the pole and I now have the bruises to prove it. Things went kind of down hill from here when despite not having eaten I thought it would be a good idea for my husband and I to go out drinking. We ventured into Raffles and drank several pints accompanied by 6 games of Pool (I won 4-2). On returning home the drinking carried on and I was in bed asleep by 8.30pm. After sleeping for 14 hours I woke to face the fact that for the first time in 4 weeks I had nothing essential to do, no painting, no moving rubble, in fact no responsibility at all. It feels like a proper Sunday.

Now being a fitness professional I probably shouldn't be blogging about my 6 pint drinking binge but then again it isn't a usual activity for me so I am sure it won't hurt too much. Back to the subject of pole dancing and congratulations to Glamour Puss on achieving the 'Superman', if you know about pole dancing you will appreciate that this move hurts, learning it is excruciatingly painful and it feels like the skin on your thighs may rip at any point. I am currently trying to achieve the Superman into the figurehead, it would probably be easier if I had several vertebrae removed but I will keep trying regardless. Anyway enough pole talk for today, back to the pure Sunday enjoyment then back to work tomorrow.

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Six pints?! Respect.

And no hangover either!

Yeah, that Superman's a killer - I've been able to do the move for ages now, but that transition into it has just been too painful and scary after breaking the arm. Managed a proper Knees yesterday, though - thanks to a handy tip from Genevieve.

Puss