Thursday 30 September 2010

University of Plymouth Blog

 picture above of the view from Cuba on North Hill looking into the university campus.

It must be a very exciting time for many students as they embark on their first year at University. I had the pleasure of popping into the student union last Sunday to see how my University of Plymouth Pole Dancing Club (UPPDC) were getting on at the annual Fresher's Fayre. The student union was buzzing with new and existing students and it was fabulous to see the wide array of clubs and societies on offer to the students. I almost persuaded myself to apply for a university place next year just so I could join some of the clubs myself!
picture above of some of the UPPDC committee.

My  lovely UPPDC committee were working extremely hard and managed to sign up 112 members during the afternoon which has resulted in a very busy couple of weeks for the art of dance as we try to get all the new UPPDC members inducted in the art of pole dancing.

It has been so great to see the studio so busy and to meet so many new faces. I hope that the UPPDC members become as addicted to pole dancing as myself and my UPPDC committee! A huge thank you to all my committee members for working so hard to make this years club a success and a big thank you to Plymouth University for boosting Plymouth's economy and helping to create a vibrant and diverse city.
picture above courtesy of Hannah Bevan.

For those who have criticised the universities decision to occupy the Hoe for a month to hold the graduation ceremonies I have to strongly disagree with their viewpoint. I can't think of a better location for the students to celebrate their success whilst showcasing Plymouth Sound to their friends and families. The occupancy of the Hoe does not prevent the rest of us enjoying our fabulous waterfront and we should be proud to share our harbour with those from outside our city.

Congratulations to our very own art of dance pole dancing instructor Tamar Preston
on her graduation after passing her UoP Photography degree.

Before I sign off for today I wanted to mention the new Ninja Warrior TV series. The programme shows some serious feats of strength and endurance and makes other shows like Total Wipeout and Takeshi's castle seem like easy challenges. This Japanese gameshow features elite athletes taking on seemingly impossible challenges. It is definitely worth a watch!

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

No comments: