Thursday 2 September 2010

Art of dance open day and other news

I can't believe it the open day is just 2 days away! Luckily all the painting is just about finished and the stunning new beauty salon Chica Bella opened as planned on Tuesday. I have my first waxing appointment in the new salon on Friday and it will be amazing to simply walk less than 50 yards from my office to have the waxing done. Next week I get my new Minx nails too!

Before I share more art of dance and pole dance news with you I must tell you about the marvellous meal my husband and I had at the16th Century Who'd have thought it Inn (pictured above) last Saturday. We had decided to celebrate a few milestones for the Pole Dance Community website and we decide to dine out at the Who'd have thought it as it is under new management. On arrival at the Inn we found the restaurant fully booked but the owner managed to sneak us in for a main course. On perusing the menu I was a little worried that the vegetarian option of mushroom risotto would be the usual frozen then microwaved option but I was so wrong. 

The risotto was perfectly cooked with an unusual variety of seasonal local mushrooms, parmesan icing (not sure of that is the right word to describe the beautiful decorative parmesan wafer?) and white truffle oil. My husbands Ham, Egg and Chips was equally pleasing with melt in the mouth home made chips, thick slices of delicious locally sourced ham and 3 perfectly cooked free range eggs accompanied by a hot, freshly baked rustic bread loaf.

The real ale was also perfect, I opted for the seasonal Sharp's Honey Spice Gold and it was one of the best pints I have ever had. The ale was crystal clear and the perfect temperature. I can't wait to return to the Who'd have thought it Inn to try some more of their menu.

Last Friday Rosanna and I visited the Moscow State Circus where we held our breaths for most of the how as the entertainers and acrobats attempted some very dangerous acts including the wheel of death (pictured above). It really as a great night out but was a little marred by the ignorance of many audience members, as the show neared it's ending abut three quarters of the audience left the big top to avoid getting stuck in car park jams, this must have been awful for the talented performers who waited for their final round of applause only to find a sparsely filled audience. Sometimes I really wish people had a bit more respect for others although what was ironic was the fact that by the time we left the car park was nearly empty so we could drive straight out.

The concerns that the majority of the audience seemed to share over exiting the circus do no bode well for any further development within Central Park. I will write more on this subject very soon! In the meantime check out all the latest on the Central Park developments including the highly controversial Life Centre at the This is Plymouth website.

So if you want to find out more about the new art of dance, the re-launch, the open day of the week of themed pole dancing classes just click here to check out our new events page diary. For those of you who live locally I hope to see many of you at the open day and you are al welcome to join us for post-event drinks at the Camra approved and multi award winning Fortescue pub (pictured above) on Mutley Plain.

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

No comments: