Wednesday 4 June 2008

Food news


I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Leigh's Farm shop at Roborough has just gained a contract to supply a chain of London pubs with a huge order of farm made gourmet beefburgers in addition to this Leigh's farm have been nominated for uktv food hero award, I have just voted for them. For those of you who haven't visited the farm shop at Roborough it has a great range of local produce from fresh veg to breads, meats and dairy products. I couldn't resist the temptation to try their new cheese bread which was absolutely divine and very fresh, the bread was equally nice toasted with breakfast the following morning.

I would like to thank my husband for all his hard work during the last two weeks, my new aviary is more or less finished and the aviary extension looks fabulous, my remaining flock of birds are more than happy in their new home and I hope that they will have some new friends arriving soon. My husband is now working on painting the back of the house and building a fabulous built-in BBQ so we can enjoy the summer evenings to the full. Thank you Sid x.

Some of you may have read the news that Plymouth is the fifth happiest place in Britain! I am not sure how people work out these statistics but Martin Freeman has some great noes on the subject, you can read his
weekly column here.

Jo
and I have been feeling very tired today and we are both looking forward to our private
yoga session tomorrow afternoon, Sue will be joining us too and hopefully the session will invigorate my muscles ready for my evil pole dancing master class on Saturday where I will be putting my victims through their paces.
More news to follow,

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

No comments: