Saturday 21 May 2011

Quick message of thanks :)

I will keep it brief today but just wanted to let you all know I haven't stopped blogging but have been very busy with the brand new PDC Syllabus (link is to old syllabus) which launches in June, Thanks to all of those who have been helping contribute to the Syllabus. The Syllabus will be an amazing resource for all pole dancing students and instructors :)

My second lot of thanks goes out to everyone who has sent messages of support to me over the last 24 hours as the press have reported the story about me teaching pole dancing to kids. I won't go into any of the issues that surround this as there is already plenty of healthy debate on the media. This whole week, which has included my birthday, has given me a chance to appreciate what wonderful friends and family I have and how lucky I am to have such an amazing support network, without them I could never have achieved so much. The birthday messages and support messages have flooded in via text, e-mail, facebook, phone and, of course, in person.

I am looking forward to spending this weekend with just a handful of those special people starting with Pirate day on the Barbican today and an art of dance team build tomorrow at Dartmoor Zoo Park (if there is a rapture I will still be here!).

My last bit of thanks must go to Cherie Gordon, the journalist at the Herald who did the original Herald article on my kids classes. I felt Cherie wrote a fair and balanced argument raising all the necessary points to provoke a healthy debate unlike other reporters who have merely used the story for a quick headline and to dig up the usual misconceptions.

Must dash now to finish the review of the fabulous All Wales Pole Dancing Championships before donning my pirate costume and heading off for some pillaging!

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drink up me hearties yo ho!

love from
Ziggy
x