Wednesday 20 August 2008

Jo is back and venue news

Well the Lordette returned yesterday after her holiday in Egypt and amongst other things she has been chasing sharks! Check out her blog for more news and videos which will follow shortly when she has completed her mountain of admin, no seriously it is great to have Jo back and she has been greatly missed.

Once again I must sing the praises of the mooncup which is still proving to be outstanding, shame it doesn't get rid of stomach cramps as well! I reckon I should be on commission as many of my students and friends have gone out and purchased one and apparently the stocks in Boots have nearly sold out!

Today Jo and I visited a new Plymouth venue in the hope that it would be suitable for our art of dance black tie event. I must thank Keith Rossiter from the Plymouth Herald for putting me in contact with Sean Griffin the Harmony's owner. We met Sean this afternoon and donned our hard hats and hi vis jackets to peruse the building site that will be Harmony's. The venue looks perfect for what we need it for and we propose to run a black tie event for 150 people with a sit down meal /buffet and various dance showcases with the focus being world class pole dancing at its full gymnastic, jaw dropping level. The event is scheduled for the first week in November but I will keep you updated on what is happening. Check out Jo and I in our lovely reflective jackets!Harmony's looks like it is going to be fab venue for Plymouth and I wish Sean every success with the venture. For those of you who can't wait for the November event don' forget that we have our monthly social at Annabel's this coming Saturday 23rd August, the show starts at 8.15pm prompt in the 2nd floor discotheque. All are welcome although you should be reminded that the dress code is very smart - no chavs- and the door policy is over 21's. Entry is free before 9pm and £5 after. For Tamar and myself this event will be a dress rehearsal for the forthcoming South west qualifying heat for the national Pole Divas championships.

If you are at a loose end this weekend and fancy doing something different on Sunday then why not attend the Shakespearean scarecrow competition being held at the White Thorn in at Shaugh Prior, full details on the poster below.Today is my day off from exercising but it is back on it tomorrow for a 3 hour nude photoshoot, all will be explained later, and then Friday is DIY day in the back studio. I have booked my monthly sports massage for Friday afternoon to get rid of some of the tension that has been building up in my neck and shoulders. More stuff to follow....

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

1 comment:

ArtofdanceJo said...

It's great to be back!! Missed you too (didn't miss the admin).

Love Jo
xxxxxxxxxx