Thursday 3 July 2008

General news

I have so much news that I am not sure where to start! Firstly here is an article that has just been published in the Women's Institute magazine about me - all very flattering and great for the fitness pole dancing industry:For the last few years I have been participating in two cancer studies, I joined the EPIC scheme in my mid twenties and have been actively involved ever since partaking in dietary research as well as giving blood samples and keeping the research unit posted on other health issues via regular questionnaires. I have also joined Breakthrough Cancer again giving blood samples and answering health and diet related questions. These schemes take up a tiny amount of my time and are invaluable projects in researching cancers and their causes.

The Ladies at Watch Ashore are familiar with the work of breakthrough cancer and are arranging a fundraising coffee morning at 10.30am on September 24th at Derriford URC church hall. Jo & I will be exhibiting and speaking, I will post more details nearer the time but tickets are already on sale at £3.50 per ticket and can be bought from Sue Vickery - 01752 813303/07795967330.

On the subject of health and diet I must mention last months- Innocent smoothie of the month - Mango's, coconut and lemongrass, simply gorgeous and packed full of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. I have yet to try July's smoothie of the month!

I must reiterate my views on the moon cup, it is simply brilliant! I hope that Glamour Puss has the same experience as me and am delighted to hear that apparently I fit into the category of best dressed vagina! Puss - I will await my award! Honestly ladies, this little bit of silicone is simply far more hygienic than traditional sanitary products and will save you and the environment a fortune which has to be a good thing.

If you are near a radio on Monday morning at 8.30am then be warned that I am being let loose on BBC Radio Devon again with the lovely Gordon Sparks, I have a special surprise for him!!

I am off to Fareham tomorrow for Sue's funeral so will not be blogging then but hope to catch up with you all during the weekend. News to follow on an exciting new project for the art of dance involving a talented local artist!! Also dates to be announced for the release of our seriuosly adavced DVD vlume 1 and our new venue in Torquay at the gorgeous Bishops Court Hotel.

Stay healthy,

Sam x

No comments: